Monday, June 29, 2009

Michael Jackson

What could I possibly say about the legendary Michael Jackson that hasn't already been said, or won't be said by someone else soon enough?

For those among the 4 readers of this blog who are into studying Myers-Briggs types, I typed Michael as ISFP, which is also my own type. I imagine I have some insight into him that not every sold-out network anchorperson seems to have.

He was a train wreck, all along. He just had a native talent that burned so brightly that so many of us wanted to overlook the disaster that was already staring us in the face in the early 1980s.

The thing that makes me want to throw stuff at my TV (though I don't, it's too expensive) is seeing headlines like these:
Joe Jackson: Michael's Children "Belong" With Us (US Weekly)

Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's hard-driving father, returns to the spotlight with son's death
(StarTribune.com)
Joe Jackson, as the father of the Jackson clan, notoriously "hard-driving," and accused of various abuses, is kind of a prime suspect for being not only Michael Jackson's biological sire, but also the key progenitor of the emotional and spiritual trainwreck (and alleged victimizer in his own right) that MJ was to become. Whatever the truth of those suspicions and allegations may be, I can't imagine his self-promotion in recent days will do a lot to rehabilitate his image with the discerning public.

Joe is singing Michael's praises now, in a proud (and proprietary) way, when giving news conferences and appearing at the BET awards, hogging camera time, and promoting his record label. I saw him eulogize Michael in a way that reminded me somehow of Richard Nixon's "Checkers" speech in 1960.

I hope they find somewhere else to stick those kids. Under a freeway overpass somewhere might be an improvement.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?