Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poker

I spent some of this week playing poker in Las Vegas. I'm traveling with my friend Shannon, who is a semi-pro poker player from Canada (also known as "America's Hat").

Last night I played at the MGM Grand, in the nicest poker room that Shannon or I have seen so far. Alanis Morissette showed up, and I sat next to her for a while. I can report that Alanis is not, at the present time, a poker pro. However, she is personable and gracious.

The $16 I got from Alanis in a side pot (where we both lost the main pot) wasn't enough to offset my losing hands... I ended up a couple hundred dollars down at the end of a long and otherwise enjoyable night. But I had fun, and Shannon brought home over $1200, so all's well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?