Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update

I just watched The Notebook on DVD in my office. Someone told me it was good, I don't even remember who, and I spotted an inexpensive copy while I was buying a batch of DVDs online, so I added it to my order. I think it was the best love story I've seen on film. I didn't even realize -- until I started researching the film right after I finished watching it -- that it was directed by Nick Cassavetes, the son of John Cassavetes and Gena Rowlands, who plays one of the leads in the film. I guess people who don't buy poignant romances might find this one hard to take, but I found it quite affecting. (It spoke to me... I have been there. I've paid prices for the privilege too, but I wouldn't have it otherwise.) Well made.

This past weekend I made a trip to Los Cabos, at the southern tip of Baja California, with my 9-member forum group from the Entrepreneurs' Organization. It was a lovely trip. I gave a presentation on Myers-Briggs temperament types, about 4 hours, which seemed to be well received. Something about the energy of the place was really positive and life affirming. Kayaking and swimming in the ocean in the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific (on opposite sides of the little peninsula at the southernmost tip of Baja) was sublime.

Now I'm back in Los Angeles, working on some important, new, top-secret business developments that I can't announce now, but hopefully will soon. Then this weekend I'll be off to Tokyo for a week to attend another EO University conference. Then back for more business development work, and then Amsterdam next month. Busy times. Fortunately, we have some new blood in the company, and a lot of the team support that I'm going to be needing for explosive expansion we're engineering for this year, and which is already beginning to take shape.

In my last post I promised links to music soon. It's still coming. I've just been too busy and spread too thinly to get it up here... but it's coming.

Comments:
The Notebook, One of my favorite movies of all time. Second only to Gone With the Wind. Not sure if it was me who told you about it.... However, I did tell you about "Cars".
 
Mr. Tucker, you never cease to amaze me. I say that because we totally have the same taste in movies. Between The Fury and Rosemary's Baby and then The Notebook...I am a Cassavetes family fan myself. Well done. Although I was totally waiting for the sarcastic punch line with regards to the chick flick in question.

And...Amsterdam? Damn! I totally know someone who lives around those parts. She's pretty nice and would love to say hi. ;)
 
Hey Joel, so glad we have this in common - amazing story - really captures what it looks like. Just know it when ya see it. Yum!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?