Friday, November 04, 2005

Update

I haven't updated my blog in a while, so I thought I'd just say hello.

I've been feeling a deep-seated desire to get away, not just from L.A. but from the USA. In about ten days I plan to leave for India. I may stay as long as a month.

In the meantime, recording continues. I went with Larry John McNally and our engineer, Jason from Groovetree Recording, to John Leftwich's house last night to do some recording using John's Yamaha C7 grand piano. I love the feeling of playing a good-quality, larger-sized grand like that one. It's a powerful instrument, particularly on the lower end. We also got a bit more help from John with some bass on one of my songs.

I am grateful to have found some good musicians who take enough interest in my music to work on it with me and collaborate a bit. They're getting paid too, but not at the rates they'd be charging if it were a purely mercenary project for them. Having music that people like, and being personable and flexible about schedules, means a project like this one can get done on a more limited budget than what is required in the corporate world.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?