Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Calafia

Hello from Mexico.

I have been in Baja California at the Hotel Calafia for the last two days, taking a strategic planning retreat with my marketing team. It was such a good call, suggested by my marketing director, Juli, who I first brought here almost ten years ago. It keeps getting nicer.

It's beautiful here in this lovely hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean. In the US, corporations pay a lot more for boring rooms at places like the airport Hilton. Here we had a lovely time and infinitely more pleasant surroundings at more affordable rates.

It went well.

Baja is lovely, the ocean is beautiful and soothing. I want to spend a couple of weeks down here sometime.

It seems the US housing boom/bubble, which is particularly pronounced in Southern California, is spilling over into Baja California. I see lots of building and renovation going on. It looks like an attractive thing to buy into, but I have enough worries.

(-:

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?